About the Course
Course Duration: 3 days
This three-day tutor-led course includes lectures, exercises and practical work, as well as exam preparation. The course helps the advanced Test Analyst to plan, analyse, design, implement, execute and meet exit criteria, report and conduct closure activities for well developed test solutions.
After successfully completing the course and passing the exam, delegates should be able to:
- Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used.
- Determine the proper prioritization of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis.
- Select and apply appropriate testing techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria.
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to the testing activities.
- Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed.
- Assume responsibility for the usability testing for a given project.
- Effectively participate in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products.
- Design and implement a defect classification scheme.
- Apply tools to support an efficient testing process.
Who is it for?
The ISTQB Certified Test Analyst Advanced Level is principally aimed at test practitioners who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and are expecting to be actively involved in the analysis, specification, design and execution aspects of software testing, and who want to increase their knowledge and skills beyond the levels covered by the Foundation and Intermediate qualifications. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. This Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts and management consultants.
About ISTQB and the ‘Certified Tester’ Scheme
Founded in 2002, ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) is a not-for-profit association comprising 47 national boards (including the UKTB) covering 71 countries worldwide.
ISTQB has defined the Advanced certification as part of their ‘Certified Tester’ scheme that, with over 240,000 certifications, has become the de facto world-wide standard for software testing qualifications.
The ‘Certified Tester’ scheme:
- provides a set of professional qualifications widely-recognised by employers, customers and peers;
- enables software suppliers to hire and train certified testers and thereby gain commercial advantage over their competitors by advertising their tester recruitment and development policies; and
- enables comparison of testing skills across different countries, testers to move across country borders more easily, and multi-national/international projects to have a common understanding of testing issues.