About the Course
The purpose of the ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support Qualification is:
- to provide the candidate with an understanding on how to integrate different value streams and activities to create, deliver and support IT-enabled products and services, and relevant practices, methods and tools
- to provide the candidate with an understanding of service performance, service quality and improvement methods.
The purpose of the ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support Examination is:
- to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient understanding and application of ITIL 4 to the creation, delivery and support of services, as described in the syllabus below, to be awarded the ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support qualification. The ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support qualification is one of the pre-requisites for the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional which assesses the candidate’s practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful, modern IT-enabled services, teams and workflows.
The target audience for this qualification is:
- individuals continuing their journey in service management
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- ITSM practitioners managing the operation of IT-enabled & digital products and services, and those responsible for the end-to-end delivery
- existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to develop their knowledge.