About the Course
Course Duration: 5 days
Java is everywhere and is as popular as ever. This hands-on course, delivered using Java 11, endeavours to provide the fundamental skills you need to become a Java Developer. We’ll have you build a series of realistic apps focusing on object-oriented principles from the start.
Note that this is not a beginners course. You’re expected to be familiar with programming concepts and have a little coding experience. If not you should consider our Learn to Code with Java course instead.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Construct a Java app; perform basic IO
- Declare classes; instantiate and use objects
- Differentiate between primitives and references; exploit the standard data types
- Code decisions and loops
- Group data using ArrayList and HashMap
- Make the case for and code static fields and methods
- Manage numbers and perform computations using the Math and BigDecimal classes
- Process Strings and perform pattern matching
- Manage exceptions
- Hide an object’s data and its internal workings
- Build objects that are composed of others
- Build objects that inherit state/behaviour from others
- Build flexible and scalable apps by exploiting abstraction and polymorphism
- Read from and write to files and databases
- Build a standalone executable from one or more modules
Who will the course benefit?
- The Java Developer course is aimed at anyone with a little coding experience seeking to become a Java Developer, and existing developers seeking to migrate to Java.