About the Course
Course Duration: 4 days
Python is an object oriented rapid development language deployed in many scenarios in the modern world.
This Python Programming 1 course is designed to give delegates the knowledge to develop and maintain Python scripts using the current version (V3) of Python.
There are many similarities between Python V2 and Python V3. The skills gained on this course will allow the delegate to develop their own skills further using Python V2 or V3 to support the development and maintenance of scripts.
The Python Programming 1 course comprises sessions dealing with syntax, variables and data types, operators and expressions, conditions and loops, functions, objects, collections, modules and packages, strings, pattern matching, dates, exception handling, files, and databases.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Writing and testing simple scripts
- Representing data using built-in and custom data types
- Building expressions
- Building conditional and iterative statements
- Declaring and calling functions
- Using objects
- Creating and manipulating collections including lists, tuples, and dictionaries
- Creating and manipulating strings
- Creating modules and packages, and using third-party libraries
- Pattern matching
- Working with date and time objects
- Handling exceptions
- Reading from and writing to files and databases
- Coding in an OOP manner
Who will the course benefit?
The Python Programming 1 course is aimed at anyone who wants to learn Python as a first language, and developers/engineers who want to migrate to Python from another language, particularly those with little or no object-oriented knowledge.