About the Course
Course Duration: 3 days
The Python Programming 2 course comprises sessions dealing with advanced object orientation, iterators and generators, comprehensions, decorators, multithreading, functional programming, web services, and unit testing.
The delegate will learn how to exploit advanced features of the Python language to build complex and efficient applications.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
• Encapsulating classes
• Exploiting polymorphism using inheritance and mixins
• Associating objects via composition and aggregation
• Working with static members
• Using iterators as an alternative to for
• Constructing custom iterators
• Constructing functions that yield generators
• Manipulating lists, sets, and dictionaries using comprehension
• Exploiting aspect oriented programming using decorators
• Writing multithreaded code
• Sharing data between threads
• Processing collections using lambdas
• Building RESTful clients
• Building RESTful APIs
• Testing units of code
Who will the course benefit?
The Python Programming 2 course is designed for existing Python developers who have a good grounding in the basics and want to exploit some of the advanced features of the language.
For the delegate for whom Python is their first programming language, we recommend taking the Python Programming 1 course first, then taking some time to practice the skills gained, before returning to take the Python Programming 2 course.